1. The 1ST Joyeux Music International Chopin Piano Competition (Singapore) will be held from 10 to 15 April 2023. The purpose of the competition is to promote the performance of Chopin’s music; for developing pianists to work towards building a specialised repertoire. While many major competitions can be intimidating and daunting, this competition focuses on the achievable level of difficulty for each category. This competition is planned as both as a LIVE and ONLINE event that will return in future years.
2. The Jury of the Competition will comprise outstanding pianists of Polish origin and foreign musicians.
3. The Competition is open to pianists of all nationalities and ages, from 9 to NO AGE LIMIT as specified in the various categories.
4. LIVE competition: (i) Contestants must submit the required application form, together with an audition video link of 1 work only from the preliminary round by the deadline of 15th March 2023, 11.59pm. The work must be performed from memory. (ii) The preliminary and final rounds will take place LIVE in Singapore in between 10 - 15 April 2023. The schedule and venue will be posted on this website by the end of March.
5. ONLINE competition (i) Preliminary Round: Contestants must submit the required application form, together with video links of ALL the works required in the preliminary round by the deadline of 15th March 2023, 11.59pm. Participants of the Junior and intermediate categories need to submit only ONE work. (ii) Final Round: Finalists' names will be published on this site on 27 March 2023. Video links of the works of the final round must be submitted by 3 April 2023, 11.59pm Singapore time. The final round will be judged on zoom between 10 - 15 April. The detailed schedule will be posted on this website.
5. The Competition application shall include: a) application form from the JMI Competition website b) a short biographical note of each competitor for the ARTIST and PROFERSSIONAL categories only. c) Copy of Birth certificate or Passport or Identity Card indicating the date and country of birth. d) ONE current photograph e) Youtube or Vimeo links of the video recording(s) of the required work(s). The video image must show the pianist’s hands while playing and the right side of his/her whole figure, filmed with one camera without edits.
6. Upon receipt of the Competition application form deemed complete, a request for competition fees will be sent to accepted entries.
7. Payment of Competition fees via Bank transfer, Paynow or Paypal must be made to the account of Joyeux Music International. Failure to pay 3 days after the application deadline will deem the entry void.
LIVE Competition Subject to Open Travel situations in 2023
Candidates traveling to Singapore will be wholly responsible for their own travel expenses and accommodation throughout the period of the competition.
The organisers will not be liable to obtain travel visas for participants but is able to provide on request, a note to confirm his/her acceptance into the LIVE Competition.
Participants are encouraged to have health insurance coverage for the duration of their stay in Singapore during the competition.